Make your own Easy Omelette in a Mug
Sometimes making yourself a nice omelette can make quite a mess which doesn’t always seem worth it, especially if you just want to make a small quick one for your breakfast
If this sounds familiar, then you’re in luck. Making an omelette in a mug creates minimal mess and is extremely easy to do.
This recipe can be twisted into any way you like without any difficulty so feel free to add any of your own extra ingredients. Just be sure to use a largish mug as it tends to rise while cooking.
The video below will outline everything you need to do. Alternatively there is a text recipe listed below also.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Shredded cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Ham or Salami, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Red bell pepper, diced
- Salt & Pepper
1. Lightly spray or grease a microwavable coffee mug.
2. Crack the eggs into the mug and beat together.
3. Mix in the ham, red bell pepper and season with salt & pepper.
4. Microwave for 1-2 minutes. Keep an eye on it just in case it overflows.
5. Serve & Enjoy!
Just so you know…
- The egg mix will rise so keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t overflow and cause a mess.
- If you find your omelette has tons of water around it then this means the egg has been overcooked. To avoid this try cooking it for less time.
- The extras such as ham and the red bell pepper can easily be swapped out for other ingredients. For example, you could swap the ham for salmon, the bell pepper for spinach and add a bit of dill.
- Microwaves can vary by quite a bit on how fast they can cook. You may find you will need to adjust the cooking time slightly. Doing in 30 second bursts should help prevent over cooking.
- The mug is likely to be hot when you go to grab it out of the microwave. It’s important to use caution so that you can avoid any nasty burns.