This 10-minute pizza quesadillas recipe is perfect for when you’re craving a mid-week pizza. It’s become a staple food in my diet recently, and I like to think it’s significantly reduced my monthly spending on takeaways (but let’s face it, some things never change).
The great thing about quesadillas is that they only require a few ingredients- and most of these ingredients can be changed to suit your own taste. If you don’t have any mozzarella or prosciutto handy (which most of us probably don’t), cheddar cheese will do the job. You can add a whole range of pizza toppings like pre-cooked chicken, ham, mushrooms or even spinach.
Just don’t make the same mistake as I did by piling too many ingredients onto the tortillas, or you’ll end up with a volcano of melted cheese spilling out everywhere.
|• 4 flour tortillas
• 8 tablespoons pizza or pasta sauce
• 100g grated mozzarella cheese
• 4 slices prosciutto, diced
1) These easy pizza quesadillas can be cooked in a pan with a splash of oil or a bit of butter, but if you don’t want to stand over the pan watching and flipping them- preheat your oven to 180 C/ gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with parchment.
2) Place two tortillas side by side on your baking tray and spread the sauce generously over them. After this, sprinkle mozzarella and prosciutto over the tortillas.
3) Place the remaining plain tortillas over the prepared tortillas and bake for 10 minutes in your pre-heated oven- making sure that they’re golden brown in colour and the cheese is nicely melted.
4) Cut the pizza quesadillas into quarters and serve straight away.
That’s all there is to it.
As well as having the potential to be part of a filling meal, it’s always handy to have some tortillas on stand-by in case you have an emergency quesadilla snack situation.